Anesthesiologist Assistant is The Premier Employment-Solutions website for Anesthesia Professionals and Hiring Companies !

HomeMy ProfileSearch JobsPost Profile/CVPost JobsResources
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Evaluation & Feedback Please...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cheeto13 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote cheeto13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Evaluation & Feedback Please...
    Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 12:20pm
Hello,

I am currently in the process of completing some of the pre-requisites in order to apply for AA programs and just wanted some feedback on what I might need to improve to be considered a competitive applicant.

I received my Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in 2006 and have been working as an engineer for the past 4 years. Recently I have had a change of heart and about a year ago I decided that I wanted to pursue the path of becomming an AA. My engineering GPA was about a 3.5. I took the GRE last month and scored a 490 verbal and 740 quantitative (1230 total) and a 3.5 on the Analytical writing section. I do not have any health care experience but have been thinking about trying to get a job as an Anesthesia Tech before applying to school.

I think that my GRE scores are good but am a little worried about only getting a 3.5 on the Analytical Writing section. I'm sure that working as an Anesthesia Tech would help on the application, but financially I would take a significant salary cut from my current job. Do you think I will need the Anesthesia Tech experience to be a competitive applicant?

Thank you for all of your help in advance!

Post Reply Post Reply