Anesthesiologist Assistant is The Premier Employment-Solutions website for Anesthesia Professionals and Hiring Companies !

HomeMy ProfileSearch JobsPost Profile/CVPost JobsResources
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Chances of getting in...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
wcourson View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote wcourson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chances of getting in...?
    Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 9:43pm
I recently started looking at AA programs after getting turned down to medical school two years in a row and was wondering if anyone knows what my chances are of being accepted to South University.  I graduated from the University of Georgia with a 3.5 and have a 25 and 19 on my MCAT scores (came down second time).  I am signed up to take the GRE Biology subject test and don't know if I should cancel it or not (thought it might make my last MCAT look better).  I have worked in a hospital for three years and have plenty of experience there.
CMW View Drop Down

Quote CMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 9:39am
My only suggestion would be to cancel the biology GRE and just take the General GRE. If you score over 1100 I would just send south my GRE score and not even send the MCAT scores. Again this is only a suggestion.
wcourson View Drop Down

Quote wcourson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 11:13am
Why is the General Test considered better than the Subject Test?  I called a few universities and they said that they accepted either one.  Also, does anyone know any averages of GPA and MCAT or various AA schools such as Emory, South, or Nova?
kellyjaa View Drop Down

Quote kellyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 3:39pm
Nova told me that their average for accepted students last year was 1100 on the GRE and 26 for the MCAT.  They expect the GRE to increase about 20 points this year.  GPA - 3.4

South told me that their average MCAT is 24 and GRE is 1110 for accepted students. GPA - 3.3

Emory has an average MCAT of 27 and an average GRE of 1150 for accepted students. GPA - 3.4

All GPA's range from 2.8 - 4.0 with an emphasis in science courses.

Take the GRE and just report that score to the schools.  Make sure you check out a prep book and study for at least one week before you take the test.  You should shoot for at least a 600 on the quantitative section.

South is having an open house in Jan and Nova is having an open house on october 25th.
wcourson View Drop Down

Quote wcourson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2008 at 1:38pm
Ok I just took the GRE General test today and got 1190 (700 quantitative and 490 verbal).  Do you think that will help my chances a lot?
kellyjaa View Drop Down

Quote kellyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 10:43am
Looks good.  Just apply to as many schools as you want to.  Nova Tampa application opens up sometime in early November.
cougarkid View Drop Down

Quote cougarkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 11:49pm
I applied this week to South, Emory and Nova and i was just wondering what emphasis they put on the GRE as opposed to GPA. I got an 1100 on my GRE, but i am currently a senior biology major carrying a 3.8 as i get close to graduating with my bachelor's biology degree. You think i should be in good shape?
wcourson View Drop Down

Quote wcourson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 7:13am
I would think you would at least get an interview at South and Nova.  I had a 3.5 and 1190 and immediately got an interview at South and was told that I was going to get one by one of the Nova advisors.
taipan View Drop Down

Quote taipan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2008 at 1:45am

Does anybody know when Nova is interviewing? and is south the worst school? it seems that its everyone's safe school

many thanks
taipan
adethian24 View Drop Down

Quote adethian24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 2:27pm

I'm going to attend South University's AA program when I obtain my degree for Bachelor of Health Science.

Adethian24
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>